Friday, December 23, 2005

You didn't think it would be easy?, or Bungie's Cryptic Message Meaning

Hey,

I know, I know, the bungie thing wasn't earth shattering, or even very important. But, there were several nuggets of info tucked in there, so I'm going to briefly point them out, and then sign out for Decemberween as I play all my new XBL games (PGR2, MechAssult1, MK: Deception, UC2: Liandri Conflict, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Mario Kart DS, Doom 3, and that's just the one I know)

The most obvious one was that by March, volume 2 of the H2 soundtrack will FINALLY be released. (i.e. Get your Limewire ready!!) But there was something else in there. Read this quote straight from the update.

"But ironically, the way we're prototyping aspects of this next game mean that even some gameplay tests, demos and experiments, are surprisingly polished and playable. We're all in the giddy position of being "forced" to play moments and elements from the next project."

I know it's not much, but their next game (Halo 3) is playable. Which means that at least their working hard on it sooner than they did for H2. Which means that maybe, just maybe, Halo 2 will be the BTTF3 of the Halo series, and H3 will reclaim the former glory of the original.

But don't count on it.

I'd like to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, A Happy Kwanzaa, A Merry Ramadan, A Happy Boxing Day, A Happy Proclamation Day, and A Happy Decemberween.

Only 2 days until I rush to the games I've been waiting for since Black Friday!
-Pudge

No comments:

Post a Comment