Monday, May 23, 2005

My Flaming Wish, or What they should add in Halo 3

Hey

Ya know, I've been playing a lot of Halo 2 lately (GT-NeedlerFanPudge), and I've also been reading the site that is linked to this post. (Click on the title or this www.halo2sucks.com) Anyway, I don't think Halo 2 sucks, but it could have used some more work like the site says. I have a different opinion than most people do, so I'm going to list off the stuff they should change in Halo 3 to improve my fave game of all time.

-Fuel Rod in Multiplayer-This is just torture. I had so much fun with the Fuel Rod on Halo PC, and they didn't even make it for Multiplayer in Halo 2. I know the Campaign Fuel Rod was overpowered, but come on. You create the game, so power down the Fuel Rod, even if just for Multiplayer. I mean they could still do it as Downloadable Content if they wanted to, but they probably wont. But in Halo 3 they have to add it.

-Flamethrower-This is just wrong. At least put it in Campaign like the Fuel Rod. I agree that the PC version was kinda sucky, but make it like a more powerful Human Sentinel Beam and you got it covered.

-New vehicles-Spectre doesn't count as a new one in Halo 2 BTW, because it's a Warthog that was put in at the last minute. If you look at it long enough, it looks funny compared to the rest of the Vehicles. At least put the ATV in there (which should have some sort of gun on it by the way, not just a transport. Maybe a couple of chain guns on the sides.) I'd like to see at least some of the following for Halo 3. Pelicans and Phantoms, Shadows, ATV, Kestrel (rumored flying machine similar to Banshee), and Maybe some kind of attack helicopter as a human banshee.

-Needlers-Ok, as my GT states, I'm a huge fan of the idea of Needlers. The idea of a little thing sticking in your opponents and exploding is so cool. But, as everyone knows, the Needlers suck. Now I've gotten pretty good with the Halo 2 Needlers on maps like Beaver Creek and Midship, but the Needlers still need either a speed boost for the needles and/or a shorter fuse once the needle pierces the armor to make it the great weapon it should be.

-Assault Rifle-Now I know a lot of people don't miss the AR or think that duel SMGs are good enough, but god dang it, I still think there is room enough for the original bullet hose. Maybe for use in games without duels or just as another weapon, I would like to see both the SMG and the AR in Halo 3.

-Plasma Rifle-Speaking of old weapons, if you bring back the AR, why not bring back the original Plasma Rifle with stunning? Now, it wouldn't look like the current Plasma Rifle, but if Bungie could put in a two handed version with the stunners, that would be great.

-New Weapons-I would like to see some more Forerunner weapons like the Sentinel Beam. Well, not like the Sentinel Beam, but other weapons made by the Forerunner. You could work into the story that either MC or the Arbiter finds an abandoned Forerunner armory and now have access to all new kinds of weapons. One of these weapons could be a weapon similar to the ElectroTool seen in TimeSplitters. Another cool weapon that I saw in a H2 mod was the Beam Shot, an Elite version of the Brute Shot with a beam sythe that fires smaller Fuel Rod shots. I loved playing with this weapon and would like to see it in H3.

-Old Maps-The old maps that should make a return in H3 are Hang em' High, Lockout, Blood Gulch OR Beaver Creek (but not both), and Derelict (or Midship, it's H2 equivalent).

And that is my opinion on what new stuff should be in Halo 3.

-May you never be stuck playing Sentinels on Matchmaking
-Pudge

No comments:

Post a Comment