Friday, September 10, 2010

Holy Shirt! Chapter 1: Pudge's Closet Revealed

Hey,

I love T Shirts. It's almost unhealthy how much I love them. I wear them about 95% of the time. My teenage years were that of the novelty tee, and now even though the luster of everything on a t shirt is beginning to die down, I'm still hooked for life on amassing as many of them as possible. My T Shirt collection is so large, that I have enough to last me until I go home from college every few weekends, never having to touch the washer/dryer in Tampa. To tell you the truth, I'd probably ruin them if I tried, that's just not my thing.

So why should you care about my love of T Shirts? I don't really know. Using the logic of "It's my blog and I'll post what I want to", tonight I'm going to start the massive undertaking of documenting my T Shirt collection for the entire internet to see. What will follow on a semi weekly basis is 10 or so of my T Shirts pictured and described, including thoughts about when I got them and why or why not they are special to me, and links to purchase the shirts when they are still available. Without further ado, let's begin.

 

Shirt 1: Dead Space

Purchased at: Hot Topic

Thoughts: I figured the best place to start would be the shirt I wore today, a traditional Box Art t shirt from Dead Space. I got this during one of my many raids of the Hot Topic clearance section, which is always a good place to look for these type of shirts. They seem to have shirts for everything, even the stuff that might not be so popular (Dwight from the Office's movie The Rocker or something had shirts there if I remember correctly) I have no real affinity for the game, never beat it, but it's a good shirt to wear to gaming events and such.

 

Shirt 2: Bret Hart 2010

Purchased at: WWEShop

Thoughts: This is my newest shirt, it went on sale for ten bucks and I had to snatch it up. I'm a wrestling fan (check the sidebar for my all wrestling Twitter) so I have a lot of shirts from both of the current federations. This shirt is an evolution of the old Bret Hart shirt design, although I probably l.like the old one better, because there was a heart in the design. Instead, on this shirt, there are hearts in the skulls eye, and it's a lot harder for the average joe to pick up on what the shirt is supposed to be unless they happen to also read my back. It's a fun design, but I have a lot better shirts to wear at any wrestling events I attend.

 

Shirt 3: AC/DC For Those About to Rock

Purchased at: Wal-Mart

Thoughts: I remember getting this shirt the beginning of last semester. Like most of my shirts, it was on sale. I have a fondness for AC/DC. All of their songs sound the same, but there are also so many of them that if you get the feeling to listen to one of them, you always have a lot to choose from. Not much else to say here.

 

Shirt 4: Munchies 420 Cafe

Purchased at: Munchies 420 Cafe (Shirt not available on website)

Thoughts: This is a keeper. I watch Man vs Food from time to time, and one of the episodes detailed Sarasota, which is not too far from my home town of Punta Gorda. From the time I saw the episode a few years ago, I vowed to head to this restaurant and sample their wares. They are known for ridiculously gigantic subs stuffed with everything from Mac N Cheese to Chicken Fingers to Scrambled Eggs. LunaTik and I finally headed out there this summer and it was great stuff. Of course, mom knowing my obsession, she had to buy me the T Shirt, and it's become one of my go to favorites of recent times.

 

Shirt 5: Left 4 Dead 2 Dark Carnival

Purchased at: Hot Topic (Discontinued)

Thoughts: This shirt is the same story as the Dead Space shirt, although this shirt is long gone from the website. However, unlike Dead Space, I'm a huge fan of the Left 4 Dead games, and this happens to be one of the best campaigns from either installment, so it's a great one to have.

 

Shirt 6: Edge Rated R Superstar

Purchased at: WWEShop

Thoughts: Another wrestling shirt, this one I got my first year of college in a combo pack with the new at the time Edge DVD. Edge was one of my early favorites in the WWE, and this shirt is a vintage WWE design that I had to have in my collection, and it's much better then any other shirt he's had IMO.

 

Shirt 7: ECW Experience the Difference

Purchased at: EBay

Thoughts: Another crown jewel in my collection, this is one of the earliest shirts made by the best company in wrestling history, ECW. It dates all the way back to 1995. This is one of shirts I bought in an auction from none other then Harry Slash, the local Philadelphia musician who did most of the original music for the company for the length of it's independent run. I rarely even wear this shirt (Mostly because it's probably too small), but I'm proud to own a part of ECW history.

 

Shirt 8: This is my Shirt

Received as a gift

Thoughts: This is a pretty generic gaming shirt that the mother and the sister found while shopping one day. It's pretty low on my list of shirts, but it's a fine day and done shirt for days when all I'm doing is going to class.

 

Shirt 9: You've Been Rickroll'd

Purchased at: J!NX (Discontinued)

Thoughts: I'm really glad I picked this shirt up when I did, because this is one of the fastest disappearing shirts I've ever seen on jinx.com . J!NX is a T Shirt website I frequent from time to time, although lately their shirts have been lackluster compared to the glory days of a few years ago. They also have a bad tendency to discontinue awesome shirts, like this one which must have been on the site for under 3 months. I've got a bunch more coming from J!NX, almost all of them gotten just before they were taken off the site.

 

Shirt 10: Sting

Purchased at: ShopTNA (Discontinued)

Thoughts: This is a shirt from the other, less known, current wrestling promotion. It's an older Sting shirt that I got in a great deal that they run on their website. 5 shirts in a box for 20 bucks. They run it from time to time, and their shipping costs are pretty bad, but its always fun to open that box at the end of the process. It's a pretty cool design, although it's in a weird place where sometimes it looks like I'm wearing just a plain black shirt, which I never would, so it bothers me sometimes.

 

Shirt 11: Normal People Scare Me

Received as a gift

Thoughts: This is one of those dime a dozen department store novelty tees, and yet I really like this one. It's a great shirt to wear to a mall or crowded area where there are those people who hand out flyers and such. This shirt makes you not get so many flyers, which is better for both involved honestly. You could probably find this shirt in any Wal-Mart or Target if you're lucky.

 

That's it for this time, hope you enjoyed and want to come back for more when I dig out another fistful of shirts and bring them onto the web.

-Pudge

Posted via email from Random Pudgie Thoughts of Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment