Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Dew, the Dewmocracy 2 Taste Test

Mountain Dew, the nectar of the gods, has found the time is right to bestow upon us mere mortals three brand new flavors of Dew. Distortion, a Lime blasted Dew, WhiteOut, a Smooth Citrus Dew, and Typhoon, a Fruity Dew. The throwback is just a bonus. Anyway, I can't let this monumental occasion go by without dispensing my opinion on you, the hapless internet traveler and/or fellow Soda enthusiast and/or spambot.

Joining me on this adventure is my good friend Stanford, pictured here.
Stanford: Did someone order a beautiful man?

We took half a can of each new beverage and tried them at the same time. That's as much science as I put into it. Let's get on with the results.
DISTORTION
Pudge: What I was hoping for. The look and taste of it reminds me of Surge, which is awesome. It's REALLY close to Mountain Dew though, so I don't know how wise it would be to have both flavors in the same product line. I'll definitely be getting more of this though.
Stanford: This tastes like Mountain Dew. Sweeter Mountain Dew.

WHITEOUT
Pudge: When I read "smooth citrus" on the can, I don't know what I hoped for. I thought Mountain Dew was already a citrus drink, so I was interested in this taste. What I got seemed to be Mountain Dew with a horrible aftertaste. Too bad, I enjoy the clear sodas that taste like something.
Stanford: I like it. Tasted like Grapefruit juice with more sugar.
Pudge: I don't like grapefruit juice so that might explain it.

TYPHOON
Pudge: I don't like fruit punch, so I was looking forward to this flavor the least. However, in the interest of Internets, I took a sip. I still don't like fruit punch.
Stanford: It tastes like fruit punch. I like fruit punch.
Pudge: That was an exercise in futility.

Favorite flavors
Pudge: Disortion
Stanford: Typhoon

There you are. Stan and I tasted some soda, and now you know about it. Be sure to vote for your favorites at www.dewmocracy.com and buy more Dew. Nothing is better then more Dew.

-Yahoo! Mountain Dew!
Pudge

No comments:

Post a Comment