Sunday, April 18, 2010

BK's "Don't call it Breakfast" Brunch Menu

Hey,

Burger King has recently been advertising a brand new Brunch menu. Which is to say, a revamp of their previous breakfast menu, since it still ends at 10:30, a ridiculous time to be thinking about "Brunch". Anyway, I found it annoying that they weren't advertising what was actually on the menu, and it seems the Internet also lacks this information, even the official BK page. As a service to my fellow man, I ventured to Burger King at 10:15 this morning to investigate, and here is what I found.
Pancakes and Sausage

This was my mom's breakfast, and it would be hard to distinguish this from McDonald's legendary Pancakes by looks alone. She told me that the King has not bested Ronald in this manner, although the sausage tastes the same in both places.

Blueberry Biscuit Bites
I was worried when I opened this box and saw Blueberry leaking all over the place, but I was pleasantly surprised. These things hold together well and it's only a dollar, making it a great side item. There is definitely a lot of Blueberry taste to them, almost to the level of Eggo Blueberry Waffles, but not surpassing.

Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwich
Closed
Open
This was VERY good to me. The ham and cheese tasted like I had gotten it out of my fridge, not at a fast food place, and the bread was different, although i prefer an old school bun. The bacon is the same old BK Bacon. Not very good, pretty dry, but still gives off the taste of bacon so you can't complain. I got mine without the Tomato or the Tomato Sauce, no idea if that means Ketchup or Pasta Sauce or something else but whatever. Overall a good sandwich.

That's what I ordered, but also on the menu they had a BK Breakfast Bowl, the Egg Muffin sandwich they've been pushing with the "Yea we copied McDonalds" commercials, and they didn't get rid of the old breakfast stuff like the Chicken Biscuit, the French Toast Sticks, or the BK Crosanwich. They also had bigger platters of Pancakes, including one that came with a Biscuit like at KFC. Overall, this is a big improvement over their previous Breakfast offerings. The only thing that could make it better IMO is if they copy McDonalds one more time and get those Hash Brown patties instead of the tater tots they have now. Then it would be perfect.

-Wake up with the King
Pudge

No comments:

Post a Comment