Saturday, April 25, 2009

It'll tickle your innards! or The amazing WIN that is Pepsi Throwback

Hey,

This past Monday, in the middle of the chaos that is the last two weeks of a college semester, there was a new arrival in the often forgotten but no less important world of soda pop. It was the highly anticipated release of Pepsi and Mountain (not MTN) Dew Throwback.



What's the big deal about this new beverage? It contains all natural sugar, just like back in the good old days of the 1980s. All soda nowadays has high fructose corn syrup, and while that doesn't seem like a big difference, it totally is. I'm getting ahead of myself though...

Naturally, being named Pudge and all, I decided that the very next day would see me and a crew of companions set off to the nearest Wal-Mart to acquire this magical soda.I had heard that it wasn't exactly widespread yet, considering it came out the previous day, and I hoped beyond hope that it was there.


(Pictured from left to right:Pick, Stanford, and LunaTik)

At first I thought only one half of our mission would be fulfilled, because there was only can packs of the Pepsi version of Throwback, no sight of the arguably more exciting Mountain Dew concoction. I ran to the front of the store to get a cart to carry our loot, and low and behold, it did exist!



I only had to look to the coolers by the register to acquire 20oz versions of the Dew I craved. It was a great consolation prize to go with my 2 8 packs of Pepsi cans.



After grabbing a bag a delicious bagels, our small insignificant but o so satisfying trip was complete and we were much richer for the experience. Unless you count our wallets. But still, that was an awesome hour or two.



And as for the taste. Well, it's amazing. If you've ever had any Pepsi products in the past, they always start off better then their Coke peers, but then your tongue gets a burst of what can only be described as acid which overwhelms the otherwise enjoyable experience. Throwback takes away the acidy, manufactured taste and leaves you with nothing but pure soda bliss.

I'd definately recommend taking a trip down to the store and picking some up. In fact, I demand it considering that this amazing elixir will only be available for a total of 8 weeks beginning this past Monday. Lets vote with our wallets and tell Pepsi that we want our soda to taste like soda from the first sip all the way to the burp residue. And even you cheapskates should hit the link and Tweet about how great it is. Lets make this limited edition wonder a permanent product in my fridge, shall we?

-While we're at it, why not bring back the Mountain Dew hillbilly? He was awesome!
Pudge

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I noticed a difference in taste. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. Just kind of the same ol' Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete