Sunday, December 21, 2008

Goodbye Moral Orel

For this post, everyone should have the video I linked too in the title playing in the background. The actual video part is pretty stupid, but the song is amazing.

Moral Orel was one of the last stalwarts of truly great program on Adult Swim. It started out slow like most shows tend to do, but during the third season it showed how amazing it could really be. If you haven't seen it, and I'm guessing most of you haven't, watch the episodes on this big wonderful Internet (you should know how to do that) and if you love them as much as you should buy the 1st season DVD and inspire AS to release the rest of the show on DVD. It's amazing what they do with puppets and an 11 minute time frame. Sadly, it's also apparent why the show was canceled as it went into some pretty adult topics, and the entire show is pretty depressing if you can let that kind of thing get you down. It's a parody of religious shows, so that always strung me along the last few years.

It's too bad that the execs at Cartoon Network gave up on it, as it was just about to evolve into an even better show. Still, I'm happy with what I got, and, while I'm no child anymore, it will always have a place in my rapidly diminishing childhood.

Happy Festivus!
-Pudge

No comments:

Post a Comment